vrijdag 24 augustus 2007

Back in Playa del Carmen

Back in Playa del Carmen. The huricane didn't wreck to much havoc. Here it was more like just a tropical storm then the real huricane impact, so I guess I had better stayed... Lol... But you never know. But anyway we drove 2.200km through mexico in 4 days so that's an interesting adventure. and I got to see tons of interesting and funny stuff and to top it all of I delivered the car more or less in the way I got it... Tires are a bit used after some emergency break's...

Here some fun episodes on the way back from Palenque.
Well first of all we still encountered these enormous speed bumps... You can't take them any faster then 10km/h and that's still pushing it. I took on at like 40... so at one point we where airborn... Funny afterwards but not the moment itself... But who puts speed bumps in the middle of the freaking highway!!!!!
At one point we where deviated from the highway cause of road works so we ended up in the jungle or something like it... That was interesting... we had to continously watch out for potholes, some the size of a bathtub... And the most funny part was that everyone just followed me... and I had no clue where I was driving... There are no signs what so ever, not even the name of the villages we drove through... But there aren't many roads so not to difficult and we ended up back on the highway like 25km from where we had left it. And we only needed 1,5 hours and 40km to do that ( This is what we figured ).
Then out of the blue in one of the tiny villages, if that's what you can call them, our entire coulum of cars (like 15 of them) got held up buy a group of local maffia... This being the kids from town who had blocked the road with a big rope streched across it. Tried to look angry to get passed... But that had little effect... So I just payed them the small change they asked, what's 10cent's anyway... But the Germans in the car behind us tried to give them a ball point pen... But they refused that and he had to let go of the pen and like 2 dollars... lol... So who are the savages here... lol... I think those kids made a killing that day cause of the deviation... Or maybe they staged, thinking back on that afterwards... Hmmmm...

Onlong the road we saw some huricane damage around the village of Chetumal, but it was less worse then expected by everyone, cause of the good preparation. So that's good news.

Well after driving 10 hours straight today, I'm pretty beat so I'm off to bed... Later...

Geen opmerkingen: